Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

This is so annoying. Does anyone know when this will be fixed. It amazes me how they have all year to get this stuff figured out & now tax season is here & there are issues after issues. 

anniesegovia1216
Returning Member

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

Got the same message this morning 

confused why my federal got approved and got that message for state .. can someone help or at least know what’s going on 

Hello…

Did you switch from Code “S” to code “D” ?

Not sure how to do that. 

anniesegovia1216
Returning Member

How do you do that ,

At least your federal for approved. My federal won’t even get approved. My state isn’t going to be ready to file until the 31st. 

anniesegovia1216
Returning Member

@castell151 @Who are you talking to ? Me or @mariahlynn05 

Lole4

I’m having the same issue. Really wish they hadn’t taken my payment only to find out I couldn’t file due to this update that hadn’t been done. 

It’s not even letting me pay to move past this problem! I did enter all of my info into H&R and it put me all the way through to the end. So is it only Turbo Tax that’s having the issue? 🧐

@castell151 yes I did and my stuff went through. My federal and state got accepted yesterday. 

Yes Turbo Tax is the only one having this issue, H&R Block, Freetax USA, & tax act are all fine! 

I changed mine also & it is allowing me to go all the way through now but I’m nervous they will get rejected 

Mine didn't and neither did my coworkers. I talked to someone from turbotax yesterday and he said the codes really are just for information. He said the main concern would be if numbers were off. I already got an estimate day of when I might be getting my money. 

Only use code D if it is a simple 401k, if it is a simple IRA, code S is the correct code. 

now that the IRS is accepting returns and the error message is still there, any word on when it will be fixed so those of us getting it can file?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies