Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Srhogan1984
Returning Member

2020 TurboTax Software, CARES Act and 401K Withdrawal Tax Burden

I just deleted it. On the app version. Re entered the 1099-R. It asked if it was related to covid. 

Deb Kelly
Returning Member

Thank you this is weird I did the same thing and it did not ask me if was related to Covid.  I will try again ask run screaming from my computer. Thank you friend

Srhogan1984
Returning Member

Sounds like you are on a computer? I read desktop version (what you are using) and phone app version (which I’m using) might be different! They might not have updated it completely yet. I’d say try again tomorrow or try on you’re phone before you give up completely. Good luck

Same here !

Desktop version does not work - TurboTax when will the desktop version work ?

I was able to make it work today. It only works for the Online Version. Turbotax Deluxe Version that I installed on my computer didn't show the update available today. 

You need to make sure to EDIT your 1099.....not just review it, btw.  After you hit Continue, it runs you through the questions about COVID qualification and how you want to handle to taxes (and, most importantly,  wave the 10% penalty).  

Good luck!!

Deb Kelly
Returning Member

Dear Turbotax please update the desktop version... I can't even see my teeny cell phone sometimes.. as I tell my kids and grandkids I am too dumb for a smart phone- they do not disagree,   Please update today. Turbotax   Thank  you... Sincerely Deb Kelly 

Turbo tax support SUCKS ! Will not pick up phone 

How do you do the online version when you have the desktop 

Why is the online software updated but not the desktop software? When will this get updated? I've got a lot of money just sitting around doing nothing until I figure out how much I owe in taxes

TurboTax can update the online version piecemeal since it is their computer.

Mac and Windows versions must be updated with a download by the user (Mac updated are over 200MB long and can take a long time to download with a slow internet connection), so to avoid having updates every other day, TurboTax holds changes and packages many of them in together in a single update.

There was such an combined update scheduled for 2/25, but is seem that it has been held to 2/26 now. Perhaps a problem was found and needs to be fixed prior to release.TurboTax can update the online version piecemeal since it is their computer.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
DawnC
Expert Alumni

The desktop software is tentatively scheduled to have Form 8915-E included 02/26.    @kleindropper

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Exactly!

Vickmorn

Which version of TurboTax are you all using to manage the CARES Act withdrawals?  Deluxe or Premier?

Vickmorn

After reading all the trouble some of you are having were most of you able to get through successfully then?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies