Program will not allow me to select as a qualified program my Office of Personnel Management 1099-R annuity which is a pension?

What part of the program?  Are you trying to enter your 1099-R?  If so, which question or box?

Personal Income, Enter 1099-R, Several pages later it will not let me select "Qualified Plan"

What does "it won't let me" mean?  What does TurboTax present, how do you respond, and how does TurboTax respond to that?

What the program does when I check Qualified Plan is blank my check mark and put a yellow border around around Non-Qualified Plan.

And this is with the CD/download version of TurboTax?  Try deleting and reentering the Form 1099-R.

Is this on the Was This Distribution From a Qualifed Plan page?  The yellow border is not an indication of your previous selection.  When you click on From a Qualified Plan, does TurboTax proceed to the What Did You Do With The Money from OPM page?

After the program blanks the qualified plan it goes to the next page which asks if this is an RMD which is not part of a Pension.

TurboTax is behaving entirely normally.  Proceed through the rest of the questions.

The type of retirement account is selected in the main input screen (see screenshot).

The code in box 7 is important.  A pension would typically have code 7 in box 7 (normal distribution)

I should have added that a pension plan is most likely a qualified plan.

I had a 7 in the number 7 input as the screen shot shows. This is not the problem.

Answered in the comments.  TurboTax is behaving entirely normally.