Payments to teacher retirement system: trying to locate where to report the deductions from my paycheck to this retirement savings account. assuming it is a tax deduction

i did not receive funds, but funds are being automatically deducted from my paycheck. these funds are being deducted from my GROSS income and may not be tax deductible. i am finding this deduction on my paystub -- it is NOT on my W2.

If that is on your W-2 then it is already being entered on your tax return when you enter the information from the boxes on your W-2.  You do not enter it again anywhere.

its not on my W2 -- its in my paystub info

Are you trying to prepare your tax return using a pay stub?

Do you have a W-2?  Is there anything in box 12?

i have my W2 but this is not listed. box 12 lists medical premiums paid by my employer (benefit)

You need to ask your employer where the retirement contributions were listed on the W-2 they issued to you.  Talk to someone in payroll.  if it was taken out of your pay it has to be on your W-2.

Thanks. thats what i thought. answers come faster here than there 🙂

apparently this deduction is taken BEFORE taxes, and is not to be claimed when filing your Federal Return.

Glad you were able to resolve the issue!