Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the basis of Turbo Tax's return, it turned out that I am eligible for the Stimulus rebate on the basis of my AGI for 2020. I did not get it on my tax return. Thgouhts?

- Got my tax return on July 13, 2021
- Had 90$ more than the tax return I am expecting but did not get the $1,200  stimulus rebate I was expecting.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

On the basis of Turbo Tax's return, it turned out that I am eligible for the Stimulus rebate on the basis of my AGI for 2020. I did not get it on my tax return. Thgouhts?

The IRS will correct incorrect stimulus amounts claimed on an income tax return, but they will not add a stimulus payment if you did not include anything on your original return.

Check your Form 1040. The amount of stimulus included with your refund (called a Recovery Rebate Credit on the return) appears on line 30. If the line is blank you did not fill out TurboTax correctly and need to file an amended return.

How do I amend my 2020 return?

If there is an amount on line 30 and you did not receive $1,200, then you may have made a mistake when completing the stimulus screen in TurboTax. The IRS paid out the stimulus so they have records of how much they gave you.

If you think the IRS made a mistake, you can call TurboTax and ask an agent to look at your return.

The IRS says: "[If] you didn't claim the credit on your original tax return, you will need to file an Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, Form 1040-X. The IRS will not calculate the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit for you if you did not enter any amount on your original tax return.

You can use the Interactive Tax Assistant, Should I File an Amended Return?, to help determine if you should amend your original tax return.

2020 Recovery Rebate Credit — Topic G: Correcting issues after the 2020 tax return is filed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies