On Form 1099-R, shouldn't the amount reported in Box 5 (Employee contributions/designated Roth contributions or insurance premiums) also be reported in Box 9b?

In my situation, I took a distribution from a life insurance cash accumulation account upon retirement. My after tax contributions are reported in Box 5 of Form 1099-R. (Employee contributions/designated Roth contributions or insurance premiums). But Box 9b (Total employee contributions) reports zero. It appears that I am now being taxed on these funds which are after tax dollars.  

Box 9b is informational only.  Under no circumstances is it used by TurboTax in preparing your tax return.  TurboTax should be using the amount in box 2a as the taxable amount unless box 2a is blank and box 2b Taxable amount not determined is marked.  However, since an amount is shown in box 5, box 2a should have the correct taxable amount.