turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dactexas

Father began collecting monthly annuity payment Jan 18. When entered info, was asked if an RMD- chose no, but says this is not common. Does this income go elsewhere?

My father began collecting his monthly annuity payment  in January 2018. When I entered the income, I was asked if it was an RMD - which it is not. I chose no, but it states that this is not common. Am I supposed to input this information somewhere else? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Father began collecting monthly annuity payment Jan 18. When entered info, was asked if an RMD- chose no, but says this is not common. Does this income go elsewhere?

No, you should not input the Form 1099-R information somewhere else, you are in the right spot!

You should select "YES" to the RMD question and "YES" that it is paid periodically in equal payments.

Once a Taxpayer has reached the Age of 70 1/2, they are subject to the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules.  All retirement accounts, even pensions and annuities, must meet the RMD requirements. Pension plans meet the RMD requirements by creating an annuity that is paid periodically. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

No, you should not input the Form 1099-R information somewhere else, you are in the right spot!

You should select "YES" to the RMD question and "YES" that it is paid periodically in equal payments.

Once a Taxpayer has reached the Age of 70 1/2, they are subject to the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules.  All retirement accounts, even pensions and annuities, must meet the RMD requirements. Pension plans meet the RMD requirements by creating an annuity that is paid periodically. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies