Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal income withheld is wrong. Should be 5,128.70. Y’all used my social security tax withheld instead.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My federal income withheld is wrong. Should be 5,128.70. Y’all used my social security tax withheld instead.

No, the program only enters on the tax return for tax payments what you enter for the W-2.

Go back and edit the W-2 to enter the correct taxes withheld - Federal Income tax withholding and Social Security tax withholding.

Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to w-2

Edit the W-2 listed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, the program only enters on the tax return for tax payments what you enter for the W-2.

Go back and edit the W-2 to enter the correct taxes withheld - Federal Income tax withholding and Social Security tax withholding.

Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to w-2

Edit the W-2 listed.

Did you import the W-2?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies