turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kevinlg87

My ex wife had filed my taxes for me and it come out to be 500 and she never gave it to me. I wanted to make a complaint that she took my money from me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My ex wife had filed my taxes for me and it come out to be 500 and she never gave it to me. I wanted to make a complaint that she took my money from me

This is a legal issue and nothing Turbotax or the IRS can or will help you with.  

That is a domestic dispute and a legal question that we cannot help with.   See your attorney.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Are you sure she filed your return?   And the IRS sent the refund?  The IRS is taking a lot longer this year due to Covid-19.  And how could she get your refund?  Your name would be on the check or have to be on the bank account for Direct Deposit or the bank would reject it.

Has the IRS sent it?  Did you check the IRS Where's my refund?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies