My 15 year old is drawing SS benefits with tax taken out. Can I include his unearned income with my returns?

maryh1903

Why is he having taxes taken out? Does he have other forms of income?

No you don't report his income on your return.  It only goes on his return.  If that is all he has he doesn't have to file and nobody reports it.  But if there is federal withholding taken out he needs to file a return to get it back.  He won't be able to efile with only SS income.  He sill have to print and mail it.  Be sure on his return he checks the box that says he can be claimed on someone else's return.

Are you using the Online version?  Online is only good for 1 return.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version       https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

OP mentioned unearned income, so I wonder if child also has interest or dividends.