Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maryh1903

My 15 year old is drawing SS benefits with tax taken out. Can I include his unearned income with my returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My 15 year old is drawing SS benefits with tax taken out. Can I include his unearned income with my returns?

Why is he having taxes taken out? Does he have other forms of income?

No you don't report his income on your return.  It only goes on his return.  If that is all he has he doesn't have to file and nobody reports it.  But if there is federal withholding taken out he needs to file a return to get it back.  He won't be able to efile with only SS income.  He sill have to print and mail it.  Be sure on his return he checks the box that says he can be claimed on someone else's return.

Are you using the Online version?  Online is only good for 1 return.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version       https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

OP mentioned unearned income, so I wonder if child also has interest or dividends.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies