turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zugsgirl1

My 1099-G on California's EDD UI Online has the money totals, but there's NO info at all on Address or Federal ID number, which Turbotax's form is asking for. Help!

I have so far just put the "Payer" as California EDD and state as california. Not sure if that's even right or what to do from there....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
kpennell

My 1099-G on California's EDD UI Online has the money totals, but there's NO info at all on Address or Federal ID number, which Turbotax's form is asking for. Help!

nine four two six five zero four zero one (stupid intuit for filtering this!!)

That is interesting.  The 1099-G is to include the payor's name, address, and federal EIN information.  Contact California's Employment Development Department and ask for this information.  You will need it to complete your tax return.  

EDD Contact:  1-866-401-2849, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 12 noon (Pacific Time).

You could also view the form online (if you haven't done so already).  Maybe the online form has the information you need.

The EDD page says "You can view, print, or request an official copy of your Form 1099G information for up to the past five years by accessing your UI OnlineSM account.  Visit www.edd.ca.gov/UI_Online or to learn more view our helpful video tutorial."  

I am trying to figure this out as well, ASAP. I need to do my taxes still and don't have a 1099G so I went online to view its totals but I can't locate a Payer Federal Identification number anywhere online. Did you ever figure it out? I am searching for California's Unemployment FEIN... I don't want to have to wait 7-10 days for a mail copy that might have the info.
philhersh

This might help:

Form 1099G Certain Government Payments
https://www.edd.ca.gov/pdf_pub_ctr/form1099g.pdf

This helped immensely. Thank you!!

I have received my 1099 but am confused if the payer name is "Employment Development Department" or "Unemployment Insurance Integrity and Accounting Division – MIC 16A" both are still showing as "needs review" so something must not be right.

Which is correct? Thanks!

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

According to their website, Employment Development Department is the correct heading. Right now though, you have bigger issues.

• To report any tax document, an EIN number is essential.  IRS won't accept a tax document without it. on the form itself, it is reported as a payer's TIN directly underneath the Payer's name and address.
  •  Also, click on the link I included above to contact EDD to find out what address that should be included on the 1099-G. This is also essential for federal tax reporting purposes.
  • Once you are in the contact page, click on the section that addresses unemployment insurance. When you select the right arrow, it will give you the customer service phone numbers to contact.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dgbenton1990
Returning Member

So what state identification number did U put on your taxes. The 10b one

Just use the federal number if there is no separate one for the state. 

turbo tax sucks.  I spent all day calling they hung up on me every time. 

Hi @Mel_CA

Were you able to figure out what the problem was? I could not get past the error "We couldn't pull the payer's info". Were you able to get past it? I'm not sure what to put for the address. I also left box 10a,box 10b and box 11 blank.

Please help! Thank you!

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Boxes 10a, 10b and 11 report tax withheld. If the boxes are blank, leave them empty.

If you need a copy of your 1099-G, please use the link below:

CA 1099-G

EIN 94-2650401 

Employment Development Department,

Unemployment Insurance Integrity and Accounting Division MIC 16A,

PO Box 2408

Rancho Cordova, CA  95741-2408

If TurboTax is showing an error for the name of Payer, try using

State of California

Be sure you are entering the 1099-G in the correct section under

"Income" 

"Unemployment" 

(NOT state refunds) 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies