You might have a 1099-NEC in that section or Entered self employment income. Lets start my looking at the 1099-NEC Section. Follow there Steps:
After you have logged in and are in your return:
- Go to Search at the top of the screen.
- then enter Form 1099-NEC in the search box.
- You will see a Jump To function that will take you to the 1099-NEC input screens.
- Look for a 1099 in this section.
- If there is one there, then delete it by clicking the trash can next the 1099-NEC listed
If there is nothing there but there is showing a line with a Trash Can, then click the trash can to delete the line. You might have started in this section and stopped before entering anything but TurboTax is looking for the 1099-NEC.
The other option might in your self employment income. If you indicated in your entries for self employment income you received a 1099-NEC, it could be looking for that form. If you entered self employment income and expense, go back through your Self Employment income section to insure you did not indicate you received a 1099-NEC.
Note the 1099-NEC is a new form of 2020, replacing the 1099-MISC for income earned as a non-employee.
If you had no 1099-NEC's listed on the summary screen, then you may have been self-employed last tax year. If so, it will carry over to this year. In order to delete this, you would have to delete the Schedule C and any associated forms from your tax return.
To delete Schedule C, please follow the instructions below:
- Open your return.
- Search for Schedule C with the magnifying glass tool on the top of the page.
- Select the Jump to Schedule C link in the search results.
- If you get to a self-employment summary screen, delete the self-employment income line with the trash can icon.
- If you get to the question Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? answer No.
Next, please make sure to delete any Schedule C or associated self-employment forms in your return.
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Delete a Form.
- Scroll down to your forms and look for self-employed forms you need to remove and click Delete.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post