Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rameshsah

IRA contribution for 2018

Due to some problem on the financial institution website, IRA contribution for year 2018 did not make it to my IRA account. Since I have already filed tax which has been accepted by federal and state government. What options do I have now? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Traditional IRA or Roth contribution?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

was a deposit made just that it was after 4/15 or was it never made?
rameshsah

It was  traditional IRA. Deposit was never made to IRA account. I followed up with financial institution that is when I found the root cause of the problem.

If Traditional IRA contribution and you already reported it, then you must amend to remove it and pay any tax difference if you had deducted it or file a new 8606 if it was a non-deductible contribution to remove it.

If a Roth contribution, then unless it qualified you for the Savers Credit (8880 form), nothing about a Roth contribution is reported on a tax return so nothing need to be done.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies