It "the following lines of form 1040 have a zero value." Of course they do, I didn't earn income in the US. Why do I have to file by mail? Can I fix this?

It says*

Hi Which lines of Form 1040 does it say have zero value?

Line 22 - Total income
Line 37 - Adjusted gross income
Line 44 - Tax
Line 55 - Total credits
Line 63 - Total tax
Line 74 - Total payments

I actually put numbers in these fields and it still says i put zero and wont let me file. i made money and it s even showing it listed under my income. i dont get it

It is an IRS rule that you cannot e-file a nontaxable tax return.

See this TurboTax FAQ:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901497-when-a-tax-return-can-t-be-e-filed-no-matter-what-you-do

did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

@trmbtrmb wrote:

You "resolve" the issue by printing and mailing the zero income tax return because as stated above it cannot be e-filed.