Issues with retirement savings contribution credit. I cannot take it off. Anyone know how to help?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herreraa4

Issues with retirement savings contribution credit. I cannot take it off. Anyone know how to help?

4 Replies
macuser_22
Level 15

Why would you want to take it off? - it is automatic if you qualify.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
herreraa4

Because I accidentally hit that I had a 1099-R form when I don't. It wont let me change answer to no.
macuser_22
Level 15

A 1099-R does no give you the savers credit.  IRA contributions do.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
macuser_22
Level 15

Delete the 1099-R

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288508

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings