rjmman

Is the software still free if I have 1099-R forms

SamS1

Yes.  TurboTax should be free if you only income is from a 1099R and the SSA-1099 and you are taking the Standard Deduction.

To enter your SSA-1099 in the Search box and you will get a Jump function to take you to the SSA-1099 entry screens.

SamS1

Possibly.  If you have a 1099R and that's it, then yes.  If you took an early distribution and are not 59 1/2, then no.  Also, if you took a distribution due to the pandemic crisis, then no.  

If you took a distribution and are not at least 59 1/2, then a form 5329 will generate for the 10% early withdrawal penalty.  This is form is only available in Deluxe, Premier, and Self Employed.

If you want to take advantage of the Covid-19 relief provision of the Cares Act, you will need form 8915-E.  This form is also only available in Deluxe, Premier, and Self Employed.

If you fall within certain income limits you could be eligible for the IRS FreeFile program.

Click here for information on FreeFile

Click here for the IRS forms listing by Product

rjmman

Thanks. I forgot to add that my other income is from SS on form SSA-1099-SM . Is it still free?

SamS1