billo73

Is filing my Wifes 1099-r with Distribution code 2 a must? When I enter it we go from getting a decent refund to actually owing federal? This is Opers disability benef.

This is my Wife's disability benefit from OPERS.  Just need to make sure that it is a must that I file it because it is hurting us very badly as far as getting a refund.

Yes you MUST report all income ... the IRS also gets a copy of that form so if you don't report it they will know it and they will send you a letter later with penalties & interest added on.