turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Is anyone else having an issue entering income? It doesn't show up after I enter my 1099-NEC.

If you don't have a business but have income other than the NEC, it can be entered under Other Income. Follow these steps:

1. go to the federal income section
  2. scroll to the bottom
  3. Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C, Start
  4. Scroll to the bottom
  5. Other reportable income, Start
  6. Other taxable income?
  7. Select YES
  8. Description

If you have a business, enter inside of the business section is where you enter the 1099-NEC income. If you have income from cash, it goes under Other Income.

@Anitaml

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is anyone else having an issue entering income? It doesn't show up after I enter my 1099-NEC.

Yes, same problem. I have entered and double checked entry of income as shown on 1099-NEC. When I go back to the summary page, it shows $0 under income for 1099-NEC. Looks like Intuit has had more than a year to fix this. What is the deal - this is clearly a bug in the software that must be fixed.

I should be able to click "thumbs down"

Not only is the bug not fixed, after a year, but the links to be put on email list for alerts leads to a dead end.

Not acceptable, Intuit! Taxes are due in a few days - fix your bug!

Yes,  I am having the same issue

Yes

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Check the Self-Employment Income and Expenses section.   If the income was for self-employment, TurboTax will transfer that amount to your Schedule C.    When you go through that section, TurboTax will link your 1099-NEC to your Schedule C.    If you are using the desktop software, this section can be found in the Business tab.  @Gary Loew 

I'm having a similar experience.  The income summary page doesn't show an amount for the 1099-MISC information I entered.  It shows the amount for 2021 in the 2021 column. 

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

1099-MISC is typically included in the self-employment section.  As DawnC stated, check your return for self-employment income and see if your 1099-MISC is listed there.  To review Schedule C in TurboTax, follow these steps:

1. Click Wages & Income
  2. Click Revisit beside Self-Employment
  3. Click Edit next to your business
  4. Review the information entered to see if 1099-MISC is listed

@Stan25 

Thanks.  Problem solved.  

I could see the info on the Forms but was concerned that it not showing on the summary page was a possible software problem that needed fixing.   

Yes, neither 1099 Misc or NEC show up. When i click link in replies below denies me access.

It worked for me just fine.

See here

Carried over from this input

Thank you.  I'll pull up the form to see if the information was entered correctly.

I enter the amount of my 2022 1099-NEC at the required spot but the amount doesn't "stick."  Suggestions?

Denis

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

To clarify, 

is this 1099-NEC reporting Self-Employment income or something else? 

@denisleblanc

I solved the problem by checking the bullet that this was not a self-employment but a sporadic activity.  It seems that the amount was going onto a business form I hadn't noticed.  Now the amount shows up on the 1099-NEC entry.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies