Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BKinman

IRA

I withdrew funds from both my Traditional and Roth IRA.  I received a 1099-R for both redraws that I have entered.  After entering, I was asked several questions I could not answer and skipped over then.  When I did an error check on my Federal return they did not pop up.  Does this mean they were not required fields?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

IRA

It is possible that they are not required for your situation.  They could be irrelevant and the program still asks just to cover all the possibilities.  As long as these questions do not show up again in the smart or error check, you should be okay.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IRA

What does the error say?

Go back through the interview - what are the questions?

Some questions must be answered.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
dmertz
Level 15

IRA

Distributions from a traditional IRA can never be reported on the same Form 1099-R as distributions from a Roth IRA.  If you received multiple distributions that are totaled on a single Form 1099-R, either the distributions were all made from the same account, traditional or Roth, or you have multiple Forms 1099-R printed on a single sheet and each of these Forms 1099-R must be entered separately.

All of the questions TurboTax asks must be answered accurately, otherwise the assumptions made by TurboTax could result in an inaccurate tax return even if TurboTax does not flag any errors.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies