rameshsah

IRA contribution for 2018

Due to some problem on the financial institution website, IRA contribution for year 2018 did not make it to my IRA account. Since I have already filed tax which has been accepted by federal and state government. What options do I have now? 

macuser_22

IRA contribution for 2018

Traditional IRA or Roth contribution?
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRA contribution for 2018

was a deposit made just that it was after 4/15 or was it never made?
rameshsah

IRA contribution for 2018

It was  traditional IRA. Deposit was never made to IRA account. I followed up with financial institution that is when I found the root cause of the problem.
macuser_22

IRA contribution for 2018

If Traditional IRA contribution and you already reported it, then you must amend to remove it and pay any tax difference if you had deducted it or file a new 8606 if it was a non-deductible contribution to remove it.

If a Roth contribution, then unless it qualified you for the Savers Credit (8880 form), nothing about a Roth contribution is reported on a tax return so nothing need to be done.