Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

janieger

Info in my 1099-R boxes do not match turbo taxes information in there boxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Be sure you are in the correct interview.  To enter a 1099-R, please follow these instructions:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  • In the TurboTax search box, type "1099-R" and press the Enter key, then choose the "Jump to 1099-R" link.
  • On the Your 1099-R screen, choose Yes next to "Did you have any of these types of income in 2017?" and select Continue.
  • Choose the radio button next to "I'll type it in myself" and select Continue
  • Follow the prompts to enter your 1099-R form and finish the interview, paying careful attention to the rollover questions if you made an indirect rollover.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Be sure you are in the correct interview.  To enter a 1099-R, please follow these instructions:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
  • In the TurboTax search box, type "1099-R" and press the Enter key, then choose the "Jump to 1099-R" link.
  • On the Your 1099-R screen, choose Yes next to "Did you have any of these types of income in 2017?" and select Continue.
  • Choose the radio button next to "I'll type it in myself" and select Continue
  • Follow the prompts to enter your 1099-R form and finish the interview, paying careful attention to the rollover questions if you made an indirect rollover.
broke chevy
Returning Member

NO! this answer is still wrong, It dosn't match

@broke chevy wrote:

NO! this answer is still wrong, It dosn't match

This appears to be your only post.   What does not match what?

What box?  What type of form (1099-R, CSA-1099-R, RRB-1099-R - all are different).

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
broke chevy
Returning Member

Form 1099-R Distribution from Pension, Annuities, Retirement etc form from the State of NC boxes do not match Turbo Tax.

Box 12 in the NC 1099-R is State of NC Tax Withheld. In TT this is box 14. never had this problem before.

@broke chevy wrote:

Form 1099-R Distribution from Pension, Annuities, Retirement etc form from the State of NC boxes do not match Turbo Tax.

Box 12 in the NC 1099-R is State of NC Tax Withheld. In TT this is box 14. never had this problem before.

That is because the IRS added 2 boxes to the 2020 1099-R and renumbered the boxes.    The old box 12-14 are now 14-16.    Either you have a 2019 form or the insurer is not complying to the IRS 1099-R rules.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
broke chevy
Returning Member

I will go to their web site and check it out. thanks

broke chevy
Returning Member

Guess what, The state of NC has updated their 1099-R's. Bone heads!!

My Ohio Public Employee Retirement 1099-R has the same problem.  Apparently OPERS has not updated to the new 1099-R form....surprise surprise!!

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

As long as you pay attention to the box labels on the form and on the TurboTax screen you'll be able to enter the information correctly.

@lt4buckeyes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies