brentandheather8

In the "Traditional IRA and Roth IRA" section, do I count the amounts that are in my W2? Or is this for separate contributions? Thank you!

GeorgeDenseff

It is for separate contributions not included on your W-2.

brentandheather8

Perfect, thank you very much for confirming that!

Even though IRAs and qualified workplace retirement plans have a similar goal and some similar rules, they are controlled by different sections of the tax laws and can be very different in critical ways.  Your workplace plan is only reported on your W-2 and no where else.  When asked about IRA contributions, only include separate out of pocket contributions to a privately owned IRA account, if you have one.