Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you help me get my $696 back from pa? I should not have had to pay that because pa does not tax retirement.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can you help me get my $696 back from pa? I should not have had to pay that because pa does not tax retirement.

Did you take an early withdrawal from a retirement plan?

If the distribution code on the 1099-R has a 1 or 2 for an early withdrawal, then the amount is taxable on the PA state return. 

https://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/2018/2018_pa-40in.... at pg 12.

The distribution box has a 7 in it.

During the PA interview, you are asked what type of retirement income was represented by each 1099R.  The answer to this question determines if the distribution was taxable, partially taxable, or not taxable by PA.  PA DOES tax certain types of retirement distributions.
To get your money back, you will need to prepare an amended PA 40 income tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies