turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If my father is and has been on Social Security and hasnt filed taxes in over 5 years due to not making enough. Is he still illegible for the coronavirus relief check?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

If my father is and has been on Social Security and hasnt filed taxes in over 5 years due to not making enough. Is he still illegible for the coronavirus relief check?

Yes he is eligible.

See this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment?

Yes. People who typically do not file a tax return will need to file a simple tax return to receive an economic impact payment. Low-income taxpayers, senior citizens, Social Security recipients, some veterans and individuals with disabilities who are otherwise not required to file a tax return will not owe tax.

How can I file the tax return needed to receive my economic impact payment?

IRS.gov/coronavirus will soon provide information instructing people in these groups on how to file a 2019 tax return with simple, but necessary, information including their filing status, number of dependents and direct deposit bank account information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies