MPPP

If I over contributed to a ROTH 401K in 2018 and got the excess back in 2019 before April 15, and did not get a 1099-R, how do i report this in TT without an error?

I have created a mock 1099-R, filled in box 1a and 2a is zero.  TT later questioned if it is for 2018 or 2019, I marked it 2019.  Box 7 is marked 'P'.  TT keeps flagging the over contribution as an error.  How do I fix this?

Rachel_W

TurboTax is aware of this e-file issue and is working towards a solution. An update is currently planned on or about April 12th, 2019 to resolve this e-filing issue. 

You may still see a warning about the excess contribution, but you should be able to e-file.  You can check out this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing E-filing