turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

No.  Items in box 12 of your W-2 are to be entered only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Contributions indicated by codes D and EE are not IRA contributions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

No.  Items in box 12 of your W-2 are to be entered only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Contributions indicated by codes D and EE are not IRA contributions.

Thank you so much! I guess this does make sense considering that the Thrift Savings Plan is not actually an IRA contribution.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies