Solved: If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaysonschallersr

If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

No.  Items in box 12 of your W-2 are to be entered only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Contributions indicated by codes D and EE are not IRA contributions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

No.  Items in box 12 of your W-2 are to be entered only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Contributions indicated by codes D and EE are not IRA contributions.

View solution in original post

jaysonschallersr

Thank you so much! I guess this does make sense considering that the Thrift Savings Plan is not actually an IRA contribution.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings