Solved: If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

If I had information entered from block 12 of my W-2, should I still enter that under my Roth and Traditional IRA contributions for the year? Block 12 has EE and D.

No.  Items in box 12 of your W-2 are to be entered only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Contributions indicated by codes D and EE are not IRA contributions.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 15

No.  Items in box 12 of your W-2 are to be entered only in box 12 of TurboTax's W-2 form, nowhere else in TurboTax.  Contributions indicated by codes D and EE are not IRA contributions.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much! I guess this does make sense considering that the Thrift Savings Plan is not actually an IRA contribution.
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings