Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I withdrew funds from my 401k early due to Covid. When will Turbo Tax or IRS have the form ready for the disaster distributions?

Right now this is the message I see "The IRS instructions related to disaster distributions weren't ready in time for us to include them in this release. Please revisit this area later"
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

I withdrew funds from my 401k early due to Covid. When will Turbo Tax or IRS have the form ready for the disaster distributions?

The Coronavirus-related relief measures for retirement plan distributions have to be reported on form 8915-E which has not yet been finalized by the IRS. No date has been given by the IRS for the finalization of this document.

TurboTax will update this section after the IRS releases the final version of form 8915-E and its instructions. Please revisit this section at a later date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Are there any updates yet?

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

No, there's no update yet. 

The IRS has not yet released its final version of the form, but you can sign up here to receive a notification email once it becomes available.

Taxpayers will use Form 8915-E if they were adversely affected by a qualified 2020 disaster and received a distribution that qualifies for favorable tax treatment.

Thank you @JohnW152 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

IRS Form 8915-E: Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments, which is used for COVID related early distributions, is expected to be released by the IRS on  2/24. We will work to get it incorporated as soon as possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you @AmyC 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies