turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I took distributions from our 529 plan to benefit two of my dependent daughters. I only got 1 1099-Q. TTax only lets me designate one recipient. How do I enter?

TTax wants to know the recipient/beneficiary of the distribution  Since I only have one 1099-q, TTax is only allowing one beneficiary to be listed.  How do i enter the second?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Anita01

I took distributions from our 529 plan to benefit two of my dependent daughters. I only got 1 1099-Q. TTax only lets me designate one recipient. How do I enter?

While you can have more then one 529 plan, you cannot have more then one beneficiary.  

Maybe I should have been more specific.  I have two accounts on which I am the owner.  The beneficiary of account 1 is daughter A; similarly, the beneficiary of account 2 is daughter B.  We took a distribution from each account to pay for their high school tuition expenses. However, I received one 1099-Q showing both distributions. When I enter the 1099-Q information TTax thinks they are taxable distributions. How should I handle this?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies