I took a 401k distribution, but have no 1099. what do I do?

I am 64. I transferred my 401 k fund from one fund manager to another, and had a portion distributed to me in that process from the current fund manager.  I have not received a 1099R for that distributed portion and when I contacted the current fund manager, they said that they do not send 1099R and that I should ask my tax person about how to declare the income.

You could prepare a substitute form 1099-R in TurboTax.  However, It's fairly uncommon to not be issued a 1099-R. You may want to call the fund manager again and get further details. But, TurboTax can still help you get your distribution entered.

Form 1099-R (or it's substitute) is entered as follows:

1. Go to your federal return
  2. Select Income
  3. Scroll down to IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)
  5. On the screen Tell Us Which 1099-R you have, select I need to prepare a substitute 1099-R and continue. Please prepare the form to the best of your knowledge.

1. Go to your federal return
  2. Select Income