turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I share a Roth IRA account with my husband, we have not made any contributions or withdrawls for a few years now. Do we still need to report anything on our taxes?

We have not received a 1099 form from our Investment firm, if this helps? Not sure if we will even get one.  I know we did gain an increase in value, but it wasn't due to a new contribution, which is why I'm confused as far as reporting it or not.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I share a Roth IRA account with my husband, we have not made any contributions or withdrawls for a few years now. Do we still need to report anything on our taxes?

Nothing to report if you made no contribution or withdrawal.  I am puzzled by your reference to a shared IRA.  Each of you should have your own.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Nothing to report if you made no contribution or withdrawal.  I am puzzled by your reference to a shared IRA.  Each of you should have your own.

dmertz
Level 15

As bsch4477 indicated, the Roth IRA belongs to only one of you.  There is no such thing as a 'joint' IRA.

Thanks. Yes I was confused, thought it was a shared account but apparently only under husband's name.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies