Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I rolled money from a 401(k) into a Roth IRA, but when TT asks if this is a rollover and I click "Yes," it reverts to "No" upon saving. Have others had this issue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

I rolled money from a 401(k) into a Roth IRA, but when TT asks if this is a rollover and I click "Yes," it reverts to "No" upon saving. Have others had this issue?

This question is only asked for TurboTax to be able to determine what page to ask next, so TurboTax has no need to save your answer and you cannot revisit this page to review your previous answer.  Each time that you visit the page asking this question you must answer correctly and move on.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

This question is only asked for TurboTax to be able to determine what page to ask next, so TurboTax has no need to save your answer and you cannot revisit this page to review your previous answer.  Each time that you visit the page asking this question you must answer correctly and move on.

This makes complete sense -- I see what you mean! Thank you for your help; thanks to you I will likely be able to submit this today.

Sorry if this approach is considered rude, but I need to direct a question on another tax question to dmertz. If anyone can tell me how to do that please reply to my reply. I'm kinda in a tight spot for time. I think dmertz can provide a quick answer based on his answers I've already read.

@dmertz

Someone is looking for you. 

dmertz
Level 15

@install4you , ask a new question and "mention" me by putting a "@" in front of my user ID.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forums/postpage/board-id/209

I don't do private messaging.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies