normarojaso

I received a full distribution from my IRA early (48 yrs). I live overseas, mailing address TX. Form 1099-R shows TX in box 13. Is this considered income from TX?

ChristinaS

An IRA distribution is "sourced" in your resident state. In general, your resident state doesn't change when you go overseas, unless you have permanently moved abroad.

If TX is your resident state, you don't really have to worry about state taxes anyway. Texas doesn't have an individual income tax. So, yes, it probably is income from Texas, but Texas isn't going to tax you on it.

ChristinaS