Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Louie520

I received a disbursement from a pension plan (4526.58) and had the money rolled into my 401K with the same employer I received a 1099R. I was told this is not taxable is that correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I received a disbursement from a pension plan (4526.58) and had the money rolled into my 401K with the same employer I received a 1099R. I was told this is not taxable is that correct?

It depends. You enter the 1099-R *EXACTLY* as printed. Then on the screens that follow, read EVERY word and make the property selections. The small print matters, big time. If unsure of anything after doing this, just post back and we'll need to know the code or codes in box 7 of your 1099-R, in order to assist you more effectively.

dmertz
Level 15

Enter the Form 1099-R as received and in the follow-up questions indicate that you moved the money to another retirement account (or back to the same account) and that you rolled over all of the money.  TurboTax will place the gross amount on Form 1040 line 16a (or Form 1040A line 12a) but will exclude this amount from the taxable amount on line 16b (or 12b).  TurboTax will also put the word "ROLLOVER" next to this line.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies