bwhiddon74

I paid 20% on my 1099r distributions but is till owe? What tax rate are they taxed at?

SteamTrain

At whatever your marginal tax rate was for all your other income on your tax return

.......plus a 10% penalty if you are under 59.5 years old and did not roll the $$ into another retirement account or IRA.

.....but whatever tax was withheld does go as a credit against the taxes calculated on ALL your income from the year, in one big pot, including the 1099-R.  (As long as you entered the Federal withholding in box 4 on the software form.

___________

State tax could be different...depends on the state.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

___________