turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ramhorse

I need to fill out the form to get my direct deposit information to the IRS so I can get the money from the new law. I am on ssdi and do not need to pay taxes.

when I cam onto the website for the first time there was an icon I could click to get started informing the irs of my direct deposit info. how do I get back to that page?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

I need to fill out the form to get my direct deposit information to the IRS so I can get the money from the new law. I am on ssdi and do not need to pay taxes.

“Social Security recipients who are not typically required to file a tax return do not need to take an action, and will receive their payment directly to their bank account,” said Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin. 

The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 and Form RRB-1099 to generate $1,200 Economic Impact Payments to Social Security recipients who did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019. Recipients will receive these payments as a direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their benefits.

The link to the TurboTax information can be found at: CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER: 2020 STIMULUS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

the IRS will get your direct deposit information from social security.  nothing for you to do.  The payments are supposed to be deposited in the last two weeks of April 

ramhorse

You answered my question and I am very satisfied. Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies