You HAVE to enter the actual 1099R. Ask them for another copy. Maybe you can log into your pension and download a copy. Most companies (especially big ones) have them online.
You will have to contact the plan administrator for the Pension fund to get a copy of the Form 1099-R for any distribution from the pension fund to you in 2020.
To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R