Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Raj42

I missed my 2022 MRD distribution. Can I take distribution now. Is there any IRS waiver. My brokerage firm did not make distribution because not enough cash available.

In 2021 my brokerage firm sell some stock to make up the difference between available cash and MRD amount but in 2022 they did not. I was out of country for about 4 months and could not check if my MRD was distributed. How can I fix to avoid any penalty.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I missed my 2022 MRD distribution. Can I take distribution now. Is there any IRS waiver. My brokerage firm did not make distribution because not enough cash available.

Take the 2022 distribution now if you already haven’t. The complete line ix of form 5329 and mail to the IRS. Include a short statement explaining your circumstances and that the RMD has been withdrawn. Just include the amount of your RMD on line 52, zero on line 53 and on the dotted before the amount that would be calculated on line 54, write RC  and the amount of your RMD in parentheses. Leave line 55 blank. Do not send any penalty amount. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies