Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m trying to file my taxes for years prior but my birthday is coming up incorrect but when I talk to social security my bud to day is correct what do I need to do

HELP
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I’m trying to file my taxes for years prior but my birthday is coming up incorrect but when I talk to social security my bud to day is correct what do I need to do

@d70db2e1433c 

1)  You can only "E-File" 2022 taxes right now.

2)  You cannot use the "Online" software to prepare and file 2021 or earlier years.

3)  For 2021 and earlier years, you must download and install that year's Desktop software on a full MAC or Windows computer.

.... 3a) You cannot "Efile" 2021 or earlier years at all now either...you must print and mail-file each of those years (separately in separate envelopes), at the Post Office...yourself.

.....3b)   IF you are attempting to e-file a 2021 tax return (or earlier year) and are using the Desktop software for that year, and you are getting an error....that is probably because of point #3a) above, and does not have anything to do with your birthdate .....as long as you have gone back to the Personal Info section  to confirm it is entered correctly in the software.

4) Some your local Professional tax preparers (Not TTX) may have the ability to e-file 2021 or earlier tax years....but you'd have to go visit them to find out...and let them prepare and e-file your prior year taxes (if you don't want to mail them in yourself)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

You cannot e-file a past year return, so not sure what the issue is with your date of birth.  A past year return has to be printed, signed and mailed.   It cannot be e-filed.  Only a 2022 return can be e-filed.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies