A qualified/registered non-profit or charity is required to file it's own physically separate tax return on IRS Form 990.
- Form 990, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.
- Form 990-EZ, Short Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax.
- Form 990-PF, Return of Private Foundation.
Turbotax does not have or support this form. You should seek professional help from a local CPA, EA or tax attorney.
We already filed the 990. I'm talking about my personal taxes.
- Should I file as self-employed (though I don't have related income to report)? or
- Should I file as retired (though I have personal expenses like someone who's self-employed)?