huntersherman95

I’m currently using the post-9/11 gi bill and also receiving disability compensation from the VA. Do I need to file at all? Or just as no income?

JulieH1

If you have no other income and do not have any other paid in money to get refunded, then you do not need to file because Veteransbenefits are excluded from Federal taxable income. The following amounts paid to veterans or their families are not taxable: Education, training, and subsistence allowances. Disability compensation and pension payments for disabilities paid either to veterans or their families.