Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dbateswv

I live in WV and will be moving to TN this year. If I make a 401K withdraw after I move to TN, I am assuming I will not have to pay WV income tax on that withdraw?

WV tax for IT-140 states if you moved into or out of WV file Non-resident. If I live in WV for 9mo of the year, move to TN and then make a 401K withdraw, is that income still exempt from WV State Tax?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I live in WV and will be moving to TN this year. If I make a 401K withdraw after I move to TN, I am assuming I will not have to pay WV income tax on that withdraw?

Yes, you are correct. If you move out of WV and make a 401(k) withdrawal while a resident of a different state (TN), then you will not need to report this 401(k) distribution on a WV part-year or nonresident state income tax return (since the distribution will not be considered WV sourced).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

Yes, you are correct. If you move out of WV and make a 401(k) withdrawal while a resident of a different state (TN), then you will not need to report this 401(k) distribution on a WV part-year or nonresident state income tax return (since the distribution will not be considered WV sourced).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies