bettybuchanan36

I know that since I made over $34000 and filing single that I only have to claim 85% of my social security. Do I put the full amount of SS or just the 85%?

My old accountant used to put the full amount and then the 85 percent, however, there is no boxed for that on turbo tax so not sure if I enter the whole amount I received from SS or just the 85%

jerry2000
Alumni

You must enter the full amount. Type   SSA-1099   into the search box, then when you get to the SS screen you enter the amount that is shown in Box 5 of your SSA-1099. Turbotax automatically calculates the taxable part, if any. You do not have to do anything.

jerry2000
Alumni