bedwar2

I haven't filed 2020 yet but finalized it and printed it. How can I re-open it? I forgot to add an IRA contribution.

I only printed tax forms for filing by mail but have not filed yet and it doesn't seem I can make adjustments now without doing an amendment.  I just want to re-open as if I hadn't finalized it.

DanaB27

When you log into TurboTax it states ready to mail, correct? Did you before select amendment? Please try logging out and back in and then follow these steps again:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this opens the return back up)

If this doesn't help please see What is the TurboTax phone number?

DanaB27

Please follow these steps to reopen your return that wasn't filed:

2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.

bedwar2

Thanks, but I still can't seem to get back to where I can add additional information.   It says that it wants to start an Amendment and asks why are you amending (with following choices)?   Since I haven't filed yet I am not amending though.

• TurboTax sent me an email
  • The IRS or state sent me a notice
  • Adding or updating a tax form
  • Changing other info on my return
  • None of these apply

DanaB27

2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.

bedwar2

Thank you much!  That was it, had to sign out and back in then the trick worked :).