Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I have SSA 1099 not 1099-R

I have not taking any money out of my 401 this form has the box checked for withdrawal
2 Replies
Level 15

I have SSA 1099 not 1099-R

Delete the Form 1099-R if you started to enter on that form.


To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099

  • Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button

Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099

Level 15

I have SSA 1099 not 1099-R

I think you may be in the wrong section of the program. The SSA-1099 goes here:

Wages and Income > Retirement> Social Security

If you started to enter it a 1099-R in error, delete that first.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies