I have custtody of my grandchildren and they receive social security benifit . do I report this as my income or their income

myfatface

I am retired and get a pension, but I have small grandchild who gets social security benifits from their mom/ my daughter's death and they are living with me. do I have to add their bennifit on my income taxes

AlanT

No, you do not have to add their benefits to your taxes and they do not have to file an income tax return. 

You do not enter a dependent's Social Security benefits on your tax return.  The SSA-1099 received for the dependent has their Social Security number in box 2 of the form.

If the dependent has no other income they do not file a tax return for the benefits received.