nokpll

I have been collecting my husband's SS since his death. In 2016 I turned 65 and began collecting my own. I have a SSA-1099 for him as well as me. do I file them both

I have been collecting my husband's SS since his death. In 2016 I turned 65 and began collecting my own. I have a SSA-1099 for him as well as me. do I file them both  as income?

IsabellaG

Yes, this year you can add them both together and include the totals from each box.

They are reported in TurboTax by clicking the Federal Taxes Tab and choosing Wages and Income.

• Scroll to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  • Under Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099) choose start and follow the prompts, entering your information and answering the questions.

TurboTax will compute the taxable portion of your Social Security benefits, if any, based on the other income you report.

IsabellaG