Solved: I have a 1099-R form .I took money out of my annuity. How do I use this form when filling out my taxes? Do I use line 12 or 13? And what letter code do I use? Thank you.

I have a 1099-R form .I took money out of my annuity. How do I use this form when filling out my taxes? Do I use line 12 or 13? And what letter code do I use? Thank you.

You need to enter the form exactly as it appears in TurboTax. The program will put the amount on the correct line for you. As to the code, you must use the code that is listed on the form, box 7. 

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages and Income