user020204541

I have a 1042-S, income code 15. I am using a Substitute 1099-R form, but after filing the gross income and the withheld taxes, I'm not sure what I should put for box 7.

LinaJ2018

You do not need to do a substitute 1099-R.  According to 2017 Form 1042S, code 15 is for Pensions, annuities, alimony, and/or insurance premium. If you are a resident for tax purposes, you can treat it as a Form 1099 transaction.  You can simply enter a code 7 as a normal distribution.  This would not be problematic as long as your pension income is being placed accordingly and the taxable amount is shown correctly on your Form 1040.  

To enter your pension information in TurboTax online edition, please follow these steps:

1.  after sign into your account, select Take me to my return

2.  At the right upper corner, type in 1099r, then Enter

3.  Select Jump to 1099r

4.  On screen, Your 1099-R / Did you have any of these income in 2017?, answer Yes and select Continue   

5.  Next screen, Choose your bank or brokerage, select I'll type it in myself to continue

nitinpatil8423

I followed the same as you mentioned above for the year 2018. What should be the taxable amount in this though?